Our Purpose: We strive for a future where every person in Ontario has access to quality hospice palliative care.
Our Vision is to be the unified voice of collaborative, quality hospice palliative care in Ontario. We envision a future where every person and family in the province of Ontario can quickly and easily access the finest standard of hospice palliative care when required.
Our Mission is to provide leadership on behalf of our members by informing policy and promoting awareness, education, knowledge transfer and best practices in the pursuit of quality hospice palliative care in Ontario.
Caring, compassion, collaboration, sincerity and responsibility serve as our core values, guiding our decisions and our actions.
To learn about hospice palliative care please visit our About Hospice Palliative Care page
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO)was formed in April 2011 when the memberships of The Hospice Association of Ontario (HAO) and the Ontario Palliative Care Association (HPCO) voted to join together and create HPCO. The integration of the two associations began as an idea discussed by the boards of both associations in 2007/2008 has been welcomed by a wide range of stakeholders in Ontario. The joining of HAO and OPCA was a significant achievement for hospice palliative care in Ontario, unifying the sector’s voice to to strengthen hospice palliative care for the people of Ontario.
The objectives of Hospice Palliative Care Ontario are:
- To encourage, develop, support and provide leadership and guidance to hospice palliative care in Ontario;
- To promote the development and/or expansion of hospice palliative care services in the Province of Ontario;
- To promote research in the field of hospice palliative care;
- To facilitate communication and liaison among participants in hospice palliative care including both recipients and providers;
- To encourage and promote the highest standards of hospice palliative care in the Province of Ontario;
- To promote public policy that supports access to high quality hospice palliative care for all Ontarians
- To raise public awareness of hospice palliative care.
- To promote education pertaining to hospice palliative care services for health professionals, volunteers and the general public.
Board of Directors
John Crean (Chair) Beth Ellis (Secretary) Ingrid Robinson (Treasurer)
Sharon Allen Heather Campbell Elaine Klym
Rod Malcolm Andrea Martin Thelma Martin
Vivan Papaiz Marg Poling Rodney W.J. Seyffert
Annual Reports and Audited Financial Statements
HPCO’s 2011-2012 audited financials are included in the 2011-2012 Annual Report, available above.
Complaints Policy and Code of Conduct