The 2013 Annual Hospice Palliative Care Ontario Conference will be from
Sunday, April 28 to Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Be sure not to miss this leading annual educational event.
Pre-registration is now closed. Those who wish to attend, and who have not yet registered, can do so on-site.
The conference program brochure with workshop descriptions is now available:
This year, Oral Paper Presentations will be presented on Monday and Tuesday mornings, (7:30 am – 8:45 am). Click here for the list of papers being presented.
Posters will be available for viewing throughout the conference. Click here to see the posters being showcased.
Join us at a tribute luncheon in honour of Dr. Larry Librach
On Monday, April 29, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM during the Annual Hospice Palliative Care Ontario Conference, a Tribute Luncheon in honour of Dr. Larry Librach will be held. Please join the hospice palliative care community in celebration of Dr. Librach’s lifetime achievements and contributions to palliative care. Dr. Librach and family will be in attendance.
This luncheon replaces the networking lunch previously scheduled, and all conference delegates may attend at no charge. Individuals not registered for the conference may buy a luncheon-only ticket online for $75.00, by visiting this link and selecting “Larry Librach Tribute Lunch Only” as their conference role. You may also contact Anna LeCoche at (416) 304-1477 ext. 22 and order your ticket by phone.
The portion of the lunch ticket above the cost of the food will go toward the Dr. Lawrence Librach Award for Community Palliative Medicine, newly created by HPCO.
Click here for more information about Dr. Librach.
This conference has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to thirteen Mainpro-M1 credits.
We have an impressive lineup of keynote speakers for you this year. The keynote speakers are:
- Dr. Michael Downing, Director of Research and Development, Victoria Hospice, Victoria, BC (Sunday Opening Keynote: “Roots, Ruts and Roads: Where Are We Going and Who is Driving?“)
- Dr. Jeff Myers, Head, Palliative Care Consult Team, Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre; Palliative Care Clinical Co-Lead, Toronto Central Regional Cancer Program, Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, ON (Monday Morning Keynote: “Quality Dying: Change at the Institution Level“)
- Dr. Hsien Seow, Cancer Care Ontario Research Chair in Health Services Research, Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, McMaster University, Escarpment Cancer Research Institute Scientist, Hamilton, ON (Tuesday Morning Keynote: “Innovative, Expert – Consult Teams: Do They Help Keep Patients at Home?“)
- Paul Huschilt, Award Winning Professional Speaker and Storyteller (Tuesday Closing Keynote: “Everybody Stay Calm: Managing Stress Through Humour“)
- Dr. Margaret I. Fitch, recipient of this year’s Carmelita Lawlor Lectureship in Palliative Care (Sunday Afternoon Lecture: “Understanding the Patient Perspective: Incorporating the Patient Voice in Health Care“
2013 Conference Committee and Abstract Review Team
A sincere thank you to the volunteer conference committee and abstract review team members for putting together an educational curriculum that has topics of interest for everyone working in hospice palliative care. The committee and abstract review team members for 2013 are: Sharon Allen, Kelly Borg, Mary Jane Esplen, Rick Firth, Karen Fisher (conference chair), Camillia Galezowski, Russell Goldman, Eunice Gorman, Paula Greenwood, Virginia (Gini) Jarvis, Elaine Klym, Beth Lambie, Donna Laevens-Van West, Vicki Lejambe, Shiraz Malik, Alexandra McKenna, Jeff Myers, Deb Harrold, Thelma Martin, Peggy Moore, Adam Rapoport, and Christina Vadeboncoeur. For more details please click here.